Monday 6 February 2017

I always wished there was more time to say, 
how much I loved you before you passed away, 
But even now that we are apart, I carry you always in my heart. 
Through giving me life you gave me the world. You watched as the petals of my life unfurled. 
Your kindness and love gave me strength through the years, 
To fight all my battles and face all my fears. 
They tell me the spitting image of you that I am, Pride fills me when I remember the Man. 
Who gave me strength to be who i am. 
Who fills me with pride when in mirror i see, 
The greatest of men who lives on in me. 

That's why these tears I will cry no more, 
because you gave me the strength to walk out that door. 
And face the life that you gave to me, And from these chains of pain i will be free, 
Because I'm filled with your memory that lives on through me. 
Through you I find endless joy, To know that however short I was once your boy, 
From those memories Ill always show, 
The greatest of happiness a man could know. 
Even when i still had words to say, 
And disease and distance took you away. 
And even when you weren't with me you see, 
I look in the mirror and you smile at me. 
I look at that mirror and I know that its true, Dad the best part of me, 
is the part that is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment